Wednesday, April 20, 2005

sleeepy

Well I'm tired and I don't have a ton of time. But today was a pretty darn good day, as my days go. It was busy but I didn't have homework to work on tonight, and we actually had a pretty good time at our HIRC meeting making random cracks about different orders of business.
I also blushed for like an hour after getting a nice comment on my myspace account. I know, I know, myspace is kinda lame and junior-high-ish, but it's a GREAT way to hook up with new bands and music and stuff. Anyway, so the story goes that I posted a more recent picture of myself with my bangs and I have what I perceive to be extremely chipmunk-like cheeks in the picture. Well, a band for which I know one of the guys in posted a comment about the picture saying, "I have seen this hair walking around campus...and I will admit that I wonder if Hamline paid you for campus beautification. You should check in on that and see if you can make a buck or two in the process... : )" And even though it was corny and I'm not at all feeling all egotistic about this, it was such a nice thing to be said and raised my spirits for the entire day. Maybe it's sad that I feel I need such validation in any way, but when your self-esteem is where mine is, hey, every little bit helps.
Tomorrow is my last day of classes for this week- yay! Friday I'll be at a symposium with Lauren, which should be a pretty decent time and I won't be in Shakespeare or Physics, which will be nice. Of course, I still have my lab tomorrow, which I HATE, but oh well. What can a girl do?
Anyway, this is relatively short but I'm super tired. And Brit and I watched "Psycho" tonight and it has me a little creeped out yet so I think I'm going to take some sleeping aid pills just to make sure I make it all the way through the night. Yes, I KNOW I am a huge wimp, but I don't do suspense well at ALL. I'm proud of myself for actually watching the entire film and all the other Hitchcock we've been taking in lately. At least I'm making the effort.
Right. So. Bed's a-calling my name so off I go. Good night!

No comments: