Sunday, April 17, 2005

hmmm

My computer is weirdly slow this morning. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with my letting my roommate use it because hers is getting repaired. I don't think it should, because I don't think she's opened any stupid attachments or anything like that, but it makes me a little nervous. I know she would never intentionally do anything, but she doesn't know the most about computers and hers is getting repaired because she somehow got a virus on hers, so I'm not 100% comfortable with her using mine all the time, if that makes sense.
A good weekend. My mom came to see me on Friday and we got to chill in a hotel room (a VERY welcome change from my dorm room, I might add) and then yesterday we went and watched some state speech. Anton and Bernadette were both AMAZING. Anton did Allen Ginsberg's "America," which is one of my favorite poems ever, and he did an awesome job with it, and Bernadette got to sing in her prose piece (which gave her a slightly unfair advantage :) and was lovely as always. Jake Scott's creative rocked as well, though I don't know what was up with creative at state this year. I usually love watching creative at state, but this year I only thought three speeches were genuinely good. Very strange. I also got to see Mary, for about five minutes, which was also great. I wish we could've stayed longer, but Mom had to drive home still, so we didn't stick around for awards or anything.
Today I think I'm going to spend the afternoon outside, as long as the weather stays nice, and just do some reading. I don't have much homework to get done today; re-reading "A Midsummer Night's Dream" is about it. I should do some research for my Philosophy project, too.
For my Philosophy of Art class' final project, we're all supposed to pick an art form and look at it from the perspective of at least two theorists. Being the genius I am, I decided to "challenge myself" by examining the narrative structure. Why couldn't I have just picked, oh, I don't know, oil paintings or something? This project, I am realizing, is going to take a lot more time than I had originally anticipated. But I guess it should at least be interesting.
Oh yeah. I should mention that my renewed interest in posting has stemmed from Adam's comments and conversations with him. I promised him I would make a definite mention of him in my next post, as he felt hurt that my last post failed to mention his influence, so here it is. I post for Adam. Happy now?
Yeah, ok. My computer is DEFINITELY slower this morning...and that makes me nervous! It's taking iTunes forever just to let me listen to clips. I think I should run some of my anti-spyware and antivirus software now, just in case, so I'm going to go do that. It's entirely possible that I'm just paranoid (always a good bet in my case), but better to be safe than sorry in most instances.
Although in some cases, I think being safe is what makes a person wind up feeling sorry, at least I know it's true in my case for a couple of instances. But that's a whole other saga that will have to be saved for another day. Or probably never, because chances of my spilling that stuff to the world are pretty much slim to none. Anyway. Yeah. I'm out like a fat kid in dodgeball, to borrow a phrase.

No comments: