Tuesday, June 07, 2005

as i told jake, i'm as bored as a cat with no tail to chase.

I just realized it's been over a week again now since I've updated. My, how time does fly when one is....not....having fun!

Yesterday was the first really really fun day I've had for awhile. Krystle and I had our first double-feature day in ages and saw "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" and "The Longest Yard," both of which were actually better than I thought, especially the first one. "The Longest Yard" wasn't quite what I thought and there was one plot point that I saw as totally stupid and needless, but what can a girl do. In between films, we continued our tradition of going to Pizza Hut for pepperoni & mushroom pizza, but our tradition was disrupted by the fact that on this particular occasion, we actually had a good waitress.

Afterwards, we had absolutely no desire whatsoever to return to our homes, so we hit the Paul Bunyan Trail barefoot for quite awhile, just walking and talking about anything and everything. The wonderful thing about Krystle is she's the only friend I think I'm actually totally, completely, 100% honest with all the time. And by that I don't mean that I lie to my other friends, but Krystle is sometimes the only friend I feel I can tell everything to for whatever reason. I'm never worried about her being judgemental or angry with me or anything else except my best friend. The walk and the thinking was good.

I did a lot of thinking, and I found out that I discovered my greatest fear. It's a strange and complicated one, one which I shall save for another post (if I bother to tell the world at all), but I've come to understand myself a little better from the realization. Sometimes I'm feeling afraid, but I don't always know exactly what I'm afraid of. And then when I discover it, I find out that I'm more afraid once I realize precisely what it is I'm afraid of, even while I'm feeling relieved for finally understanding what it is I'm afraid of. It was a miniature revelation for me. And it makes me feel somewhat isolated and more than a little bit crazy, so I need time to sift through things in my head before I try to put anything into words of any kind.

We also stopped by her grandma's house in Pillager. I would just like to say that she is one of the all-time coolest grandmas I have ever, ever known. And she has delicious lemony sweetness in the form of iced tea at her house, too.

Shoot. I just realized my CD is still in Krystle's car, I think. Rats. She got hired today at Herberger's though, which is exciting! She'll be working in the shoe department. When I told my mom that, she laughed and said that Krystle wouldn't make any money because she'll buy too many shoes, a statement to which I did my utmost to defend her.

I've been accused by several people of talking an inordinate amount about Krystle in my blog - perhaps this is true. I shall do my best to limit myself from now on.

I went down to visit Mel, Mal, and the rest of the St. Paul gang last week. I had a good time, for the most part, but I realized that I am missing out on so much. As I told Mel, I know all of the big things that are happening with people, but I'm missing all of the small things that make things fun. I'm missing the little things - the random spasms of uncontrollable laughter, the smirks that appear when faces are turned, the moments of tears and worries that pass in an hour but are life-and-death important within the moment. It makes me sad to know I'm missing those things, but if I were down there I would be missing those things up here with a few people so I guess it is kind of an impossible catch-22.

The resort is very un-busy tonight. The phone hasn't rung in an hour. Oh, how I wish I had brought a book with me. I used to do that all the time last summer for slow nights. And I have "All the King's Men" at home, which I'm dying to read. Shoot.

Tomorrow is my other day off this week. It's going to be sort of D-Day for me at the house. I'm determined to attack the backyard and get all of the weeds out from around the firepit, re-stack the firewood, re-build the fire ring as necessary, and weed my flowerbeds. I also want to get my closet cleaned up, all my clothes put away, and as many things unpacked as possible. It'll make my mom a happy camper and it'll make me extremely happy to be able to see my carpet. My room is disgusting.

On that cheerful visual note, I'll leave you all for the evening.

No comments: