Thursday, August 18, 2005

so here's the thing.

I have exactly one month of work left, starting from today. September 18th and then I'm freeeee! Haha. Not that my job is so terrible. Actually, I've been berating myself lately for not getting another job over the summer. I don't really DO anything anyway, so I might as well have made some more cash, I think. It's nt like I wouldn't be able to use it, that's for sure. Silly girl, thinking she'd have a social life or something. Too, too ridiculous.

The chaos of work has suddenly halted and we've entered the lazy slow dog days of summer. The phone doesn't ring, the office is quiet. Joe and I were there last night trying desperately to actually think of work to do and we couldn't really come up with anything. Of course, about fifteen minutes before I had to leave I thought of all SORTS of things we could have done, but by then it was too late. Oh well. I'll keep some of them in mind for tonight and for the next couple of weeks.

I think it's funny how some people read blogs and read a few messages and start thinking that they know you. This isn't directed toward anyone specific; it's just a general concept that myspace has given me some insight to. And it's not that a lot of myself doesn't go into blogging or whatever, but it doesn't even come close to covering what's real in me, I don't think. Or maybe I'm just being narcississtic or something. Who knows. But it's like I have a sort of "myspace persona" that is mostly me, but not really quite, because too many things get left out. There's too much that can't be put down here, because it's too deep, too personal, too real, for such a space as this. I have multiple friends on myspace who I know in person, and it's like their myspace selves are a fraction of their real self - like they picked one part of their personality to put out here on the internet, but there's so much more to them that other people here don't really get to see at all. Maybe we're all just trying to fool ourselves into thinking that we can become what others see.

The weather isn't too stellar today, either. A little cool and cloudy and breezy. The good news is I probably won't have to put gas in very many boats or jetskis today. I hate doing gas. My shoes always get filled with sand from the beach and especially with jetskis, the gas tends to bubble up when you start putting it in and then it splashes all up my arm. The good thing about that happening is that I'm more likely to get a tip that way because I think they feel bad.

I'm going to buy my plane ticket either today or tomorrow, I think. Gulp. I also NEED to get my course transfer form filled out so I can hand that in to the registrar's office when I am in the cities next week. The only class I'm concerned about is my social policy class. I have NO CLUE what that should transfer as. Philosophy and English I'm good to go with. Jeepers I can't wait to get out of here! I'd be almost as excited, I think, if I were going back to St. Paul just because it would mean seeing all my wonderful friends down there, but I'm so, so excited to go live in England for awhile. Maybe I'm idealizing it too much. I mean, I think my classes will be tough and I will probably go totally broke there. And if I don't go broke there, I will in Ireland over j-term. But I don't even care. It'll probably be one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Yay for study abroad.

This summer seems to be passing so slowly and so quickly at the same time. Like each of my days just draaaaaag along, but overall, summer seems to have passed reasonably quickly. Hmm. It's strange.

Graham left for Germany yesterday. I hope he has an amazing year there. I didn't realize how much I'm going to miss him until a couple of nights ago, but I really will. I think part of that is because he's a part of this group of people that became just infinitely important to me the second half of this year, but mostly just because he's Graham and I'll miss him ranting about how messed up the world is and how girls shouldn't be so insecure and all kinds of things.

Also, I feel like I'm dying from Mel&Mal deprivation. I haven't seen Mel since June, and although I saw Mal a few weeks ago it feels like longer and what I REALLY want is for the three of us to be hanging out together! NOW! But soon enough, I guess.

I think that about covers it for me for today. I'm tired and I don't know why. I feel like I'm always tired lately and I don't know why. Lethargy of the mind, perhaps? It's hasn't been challenged in nearly long enough. I mean, I've been reading a ton lately since I have nothing else to do. But I need more human interaction!

No comments: