Saturday, July 29, 2006

so it is

Last night, Malin and I wound up sort of hosting a mini-party in our living room. Jolly good times, hanging out with kids I haven't hung out with in a really long time and one kid I hadn't met before last night. Copious amounts of alcohol were consumed before even leaving the house (if I remember, I'll put up the picture Mal and I took this morning of our trash can and how full it is) but there was a lot of fun conversation. It was so good to be able to just kick it with some familiar faces and have a good time and not stress about whether everyone was going to get along or anything, because we already knew that everyone did. I can't explain it - but there was a nice feeling of camaraderie. Then we went to Dubliner's down on University, where the drinking and good conversation continued. I forgot my ID the first time, so I had to be driven back to my house to get it. Ooops. I think I may have been slightly belligerent to a member of our party who was missing for most of the night, pestering him with phone calls to hurry up and get off work and come join us, but it was fun. I wasn't that impressed with Dubliner's - it's not that great - but the free popcorn is a definite perk.
It wasn't really all that crazy of a night - it was just funny and random and really enjoyable. The summer exploits of Tessa & Malin must continue. I am glad we live together. It's a pretty happy healthy household. Or maybe it just seems unusually so because I'm unusually healthy and happy, who knows.
I had a good morning, too - it's fun having breakfast made for you, and scrambled eggs and toast are always delicious.
This weather is really painful. I'm super glad my dad put in a window air conditioner in my room, otherwise I think everyone residing in my home would pretty much be dead right about now.
I'm sitting in the Oracle office - I haven't been here all summer, really, but it is nice to be in here. I am happy with the idea of this coming year and what this office will produce because I really feel certain that it will be good. There are too many good and wonderful people working here for it not to be a great experience. I'm going to start revising (well, more like updating) the Oracle style guide and familiarizing myself with it, because really, copy needs to improve for the coming year and I know that every time I see a mistake in print I will be kicking myself, so I need to ensure that such things will happen only rarely.
Summer is going by so quickly.
In a week, Ashley will be married. I feel so strange about that! I am excited for her, because it's definitely going to be a whole new adventure for her, but it would scare me to death. The wedding should be fun, though. Krystle flies in on Thursday, so I get her to myself for a day, and I am definitely looking forward to the reception, now that I have someone to go with me :)
how did we grow up so fast?

No comments: