Friday, January 27, 2006

quick update.

I am very glad to be finished with j-term. I'm not technically finished, as I still have a 3-page paper due, but I'm done going to class, anyway, which is something. I'm ready for spring term to start. I need to be busier. I need to not have enough time to even lay awake at night and think. I'm a workaholic at the age of 21. Sad. Although, in the name of saving my sanity, I am dropping my senior seminar, so I'll only have 14 credits instead of 18. I really like the idea of the topic that is going to be offered in Moorhead's class next fall so it should be interesting - hard-boiled detective fiction as senior sem. what fun!

I'm headed home for the weekend. The good news is, I'll get to see Ashley and I will get to see JOE!!! Who is now home. How I have missed that boy! The bad news is, by all accounts, my grandma is dying. I know I couldn't expect her to live forever; she is, after all, 93. But she is the only real grandparent I have left, and now it sounds as though I'm losing her 3 months after losing my grandfather. I think it's selfish of me to be so sad. She's had a long full good life and she is tired. But oh how I love her. So many happy little-girl memories of mine center around that woman and the lake and her cookies and raspberries and her gardens and her love. I cried for a long time last night. So. I am going home to say goodbye, presumably. We've been worried before and she has come back, but my parents don't seem to think that is going to happen this time around.

I am tired of going to funerals. I think I have had enough this year.

No comments: