Tuesday, February 22, 2005

here-and-there thoughts

I am tired! I'm getting behind on work, I'm frustrated with lots of my schoolwork (particularly physics), and with the additional pressures of trying to figure out all of my study abroad materials, family issues, and stuff like that, it's been somewhat rough going this week. Anyway, though, things could be worse. I'm just feeling pretty unmotivated lately, I guess. I particularly need to force myself to be more participatory in my Shakespeare class. I am getting more interested in it, it's just different from what I had thought it might be and that always takes some reconciliation. It would be absurd of me, of course, to write off the semester in any of my classes so far since we're only like two and a half weeks into them, but it's not quite the semester I had been planning for, so I am still readjusting myself to that.On the somewhat brighter side, I do feel like I am making genuine progress in my faith life, which of course trumps all other troubles in the long run for me. It has been harder living with my roommate, though, because when I made plans to room with her last year I was stumbling through a really rough patch in my faith and now that I'm moving back in a direction that is much better for me, it's harder to live with her knowing that so many of her ideals and focuses are different from me. I love her to death and she is a very wonderful friend, but living with her is getting harder. Which is why next year I would looooove to find an apartment with Malin and then switch off during study abroad semesters; that would make things much easier for me. I'd love living with Melissa, too, if that winds up working out, but we've got time to figure that out.So some of my crazy weird friends have pretty much forced me to post my picture at hotornot in an effort to boost my self-esteem. I think they're insane, but in case anyone wants to see me looking dumb, http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=BUB8BYG&key=WFW - there's your chance.I have a cash refund to pick up at the cashier's office, too, and I keep forgetting about it!! How I can forget about it is totally beyond me, because I am constantly thinking about how broke I am, but it just keeps slipping my mind. Anyway, that's enough sundry updating for the night; I'm going to go try to do some reading and work on some other things. Good night, all!

No comments: