Wednesday, September 01, 2004

ho-hum...

Well, I've been at work for a grand total of...let's see...28 minutes and already I'm bored. I'm afraid it's going to be a long night, however, it's going to be my very last long night, as this is the last time I will close this office. I work Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, but all on day shifts, so I am nearing the finish now. I will be so glad to get back to school! I'm actually quite looking forward to most of my classes; the only one I'm a tad nervous about is my Literary Theory class because I hear the prof. is a bit of an ogre. This is most unfortunate, as I am an English major and she is the head of the department, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she will like me!
In my English-major nerdiness, I have been lately re-reading many of my classic favorites- I've been on a particularly large Jane Austen kick and have already re-read "Emma" and "Pride and Prejudice." I need most especially to re-read "Northanger Abbey" though, for I've read it only once before and if I intend to declare myself a true Jane Austen fan, I have concluded that I must be able to say that I've read all of her complete novels multiple times, and this is currently a true statement with the singular exception of "Northanger Abbey." Haha! I just re-read that paragraph, and its form and structure seem to reveal how engrossed I have been in Austen lately. It actually sounds a little pretentious, but that's okay.
I had been planning to visit St. Ben's/St. John's tomorrow but I do not now foresee that happening. I'm so busy trying to get all the rest of my things organized for going back to school that I still have quite a lot of cleaning and packing and organizing to do, and I really ought to visit my grandparents tomorrow as well. Ashley and I talked about having dinner in St. Cloud on Monday night; perhaps she can talk Caitlin and/or Jake into coming with as well...
Well, this post is getting rather long and tedious and is likely of very little interest to anyone but my own self, so off I go to do...well, something.

No comments: